A true dedication to My Mom,my Grand mom and my Mother-in-law ..

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

..Caramel Custard ..

Well as a beginner ,for the past one month I've been experimenting with this blogger,going through pretold stories,the way things are told here,I'm all set for my second post ..i was very ardent on one thing.if ever I get a chance to write on my cooking ,the first with no doubt should be my favourite "CARAMEL CUSTARD",but my husband n son strongly disagrees with this.but I've a gr8 support n cheers my family side.My Appa n Sis just love's this delite.Goin back how it started..Mom in our childhood always depended on ready to cook custard packs n i still remember Brown n Paulson always in store in our refrigerators those time.this is how i went on..
milk-3 Cups
eggs-5.
condensed milk-1/2 tin.
sugar-accordingly
vanilla essence-3 drops.
Before starting make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.In a vessel beat eggs and sugar well.to this mixture slowly add warm milk (pre-boiled) and blend well.now u can add condensed milk and vanilla essence.regulate the sugar according to your taste,taken in to consideration ,the condensed milk factor.now you have to caramelize the sugar in the bowl u r going to set the pudding to cook.For that take 3 to4 tbsp of sugar and heat it.stir it continuesly taken are that no lumps are formed.when it start browning reduce the flame and remove from fire on golden brown.spread the caramel and let it cool.pour the mixture to this pan and the next part is steaming it in a steamer for 40 minutes.20 minutes in high flame n d rest of the 20 minutes in low flame.u can remove it from the steamer,and when its cooled unmould and serve it cool.

1 comments:

mathew said...

this has to be my second most fav desert..ofcoz after creme brule!!;-D